Conversation Corner
Media Watch (Finding Nemo--September 2003)

What values did you find in the film "Finding Nemo"?

Date: 10/23/2003 4:23:24 PM
Name or Pseudonym: brigid
Subject: worthy of heaven

Ivan,
I can agree that animals were put here to our benefit..but not a benefit that endorses cruelty or selfishness. It is a responsibilty that needs to be managed correctly...but, anymore most of the human race can’t even manage themselves without prozac ( no offense to anyone who reads this that might be on anti-depressants). I think animals were also put here for us to learn from, I mean, let’s face it. We aren’t always the smartest living creatures on earth....people used to look at animals for signs of what the weather was going to be like. I remember reading a book and the girls dad would look at how thick ground hogs ( or some prarie animal) would build their mounds. If it was thick, winter would be rough...if they were thinner, it may be cold but not life threatening. And as for mankind ( I really don’t care about pc terms..it takes up too much time)I don’t see how a child can constantly think evil thoughts and deserves hell for it. Most children don’t even know what true evil is.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND