Conversation Corner
Media Watch (Finding Nemo--September 2003)

What values did you find in the film "Finding Nemo"?

Date: 10/17/2003 9:16:11 AM
Name or Pseudonym: curious
Subject: what???????

Hello,
I was just reading some of these messages, how on earth can a 9 yr old deserve hell? If the child wasn’t ever taught any better, how can he/she be held accountable? And even if they were taught of God, a child is a child. God, surely in his divine wisdom, would know that a little one of this age is still an innocent. I know that there are 9 yr olds who have commited murder( as an example), and yes, they should be put in a correction facility and dealt with by the law. But, can any of us here really say that at 9 we knew how permanent death is? Or even understand the severity of certain actions, and the eternal punishment of hell? To someone of that age, eternal is one day. I remember being 9 and thinking it would be an eternity before I was 10, even if my birthday was the very next day. I am cautious of people who have "visions", I believe it can happen, at the same time the Bible speaks of people being decieved by satan coming as an angel of light. I am not saying what the girls saw wasn’t the Holy Mother, but I do feel as humans we are easily decieved (no matter how pious we may think ourselves), and that we should always pray to the Christ to be absolved of any sins. For he said none may come to the father, except through me.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND