Conversation Corner
Media Watch (Finding Nemo--September 2003)

What values did you find in the film "Finding Nemo"?

Date: 9/16/2003 10:32:12 AM
Name or Pseudonym: brigid
Subject: perspectives

Oscar,
I belive the worldly minded are condemned because they can’t see beyond the now. Yes, I will admit, there have been times when I have focused on things that aren’t important. But, once again I have to disagree in regards to what part nature plays in our lives. The Bible say’s God is love, I have seen animals love their offspring while and in the same night hear of a woman who has drowned her children. I belive that nature reflects the many faces of God. I don’t mean as in multiple gods, I am talking of personality. Yes, God is love, but God can be angry, jealous, and wrathful. A mother dolphin loves her offspring, but she is wrathful towards anyone/anything that trys to hurt us. God is loving toward us, but he is wrathful and angry when someone trys to hurt us, especially when we are doing it to ourselves. I just feel that anything without a soul can’t live, also some passages of the Bible state that animals will be in Heaven. In Isaiah 11:6-9 it talks about the wolf dwelling with the lamb. Sin came to this world through man, not animals, and this brought on the consequences to the earth. In Romans 8:22 ( i think), it says that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of child birth. Revelations 5:8-13, says that all creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the World, and praise God right along with the redeemed. Sorry if my quotes aren’t exact. Anyway, I know everyone interprets things differently, but I read this as saying animals will be with us. And I just find it hard to belive that someone as holy as St.Francis of Assisi would put so much love and effort into something that doesnt have a soul. Sorry if I have rambled, I didnt intend on this being so long.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND