Conversation Corner
Media Watch (American Dreams--February 2003)

What values do you find in the NBC series "American Dreams"?

Date: 2/11/2003 3:24:19 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Maria
Subject: Kent

Keep up the good work. You are a remarkable person. I respect you. The world may make a turn again in the direction of family unity. Maybe God is giving us many hints but we are too dense or too noisy to hear Him. The revolution is over, women do not have to have babies if they do not want to, they can have careers, we know what we can do, now it is time to go back and take care of basics. The family unit. I read that more and more women are choosing stay at home (when possible) instead of a full-time career. I applaud them. When a woman tells me she is a "stay at home". They always say it sheepishly, like I am going to respond why are you not working? Instead I tell them good for you. If you can stay home by all means do. Children are the future of the world, they act and think like the adults they live with. What a responsibilty we adults have. Please I am not putting down the mother who has to work, just so long as her children know she loves them and they do things together, even if it is cleaning the house together, food shopping, etc. Have to go now, I work in a school and am taking this one evening course in Valentine desserts. mmmm.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND