Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/8/2003 1:49:38 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Mike B
Subject: Clarification ?

Hello Pat,

You asked for clafification on my previous comments, but in reading over your comments I am not quite sure what you would like me to clarify for you?

As regards the Catholic Mass, I quite agree with your comments - although one could "nit pick" and make a good case that over the 2000 + history of the church, the practices associated with the mass have changed quite a bit (In the early Church, woeman had a much more active role in the mass), the change from latin to english, the practice of kneeling as a result of the middle ages (out of respect to the then Kings & Queens)... Just what is the "pure" form of the mass ?

The Church will never please everyone - nor should that be it’s aim -

So, for what was to be a "short" response that got a bit lengthy, the Mass should be Central to ones Catholic Faith - but that Mass needs to be an inspiration for us to live life in the "real" world as the words of Jesus would have us behave - ones Catholic life really should be a Mass lived out,

God Bless

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND