Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/7/2003 9:26:17 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Bruce
Subject: The Good Samaritan

OK...so the Samaritan comes along the road and sees a man being beaten and robbed. The criminals are still there... How would this parable end? We know the priest and the Levite would definitely keep on going by since they didn’t even stop when he was laying beaten along the road. So...what would the Samaritan do here...? I guess he should hide among the rocks, wait for them to leave and then go over and help if the victim is still alive.

During my life in Philadelphia, PA, I am sad to say that twice in my life I had the opportunity to help someone in a bad situation. Both times there were a number of boys beating up a couple of girls. Once was Northeast Philadelphia and the other time was on the railroad tracks in the Olney section of Philadelphia.

Both times I did not hesitate. No boy or man should be beating up defenseless girls or women. Both times the same friend was with me and both times we stopped the girls from being harmed worse than they were. I am glad we interfered and would do it again. I don’t even know who these girls were and do not know what ever happened to them. They ran when they had a chance to escape as well they should.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND