Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/7/2003 5:42:58 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Shoshana
Subject: CT

Because we are on the internet, it is difficult to show our feelings. I was not putting Chris down. Actually I was trying to have some fun...with a little bit of sarcasm. My fault. Just because Chris and I do not agree on the war, those sentiments do not necessarily flow into other areas...especially, the Catholic Faith.

So forgive me. I have already explained what ’Judge not or ye not be judged’ verse in the Bible. I will not recant here. I also used the splinter verse in that post. i would advise you to read, my friend.

You misunderstood my statment on 70% (did I use that number BTW??) of the population would be condemned. I had just shared what Jancintha experienced in her visions of hell...a lot of people from WW1 and WW2 were sent to hell. This also has been explained in another post. And my goodness, this was before Vatican 2, Chris! Can you imagine, after??? Just reflect on that.

It is Catholic Dogma that any non-Catholic will not enter heaven. Most people today have heard of the Catholic Faith. I do not condemn anyone to hell. I am just stating facts. I also hoped that many people would become baptized or experienced Jesus somehow, someway before dying. Who knows? But it is us who caused this war....Iraq did not declare war on us> Enough said.

Blessings,
Shoshana

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND