Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/6/2003 2:13:34 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Bruce
Subject: Seeking Jesus

I wrote a prayer in light of today’s Gospel, Year B. I thought that I would share it with the board in light of Shoshana’s statement above, "...I need to love Jesus more." And, yes, I really wrote this although it seemed inspired at the time.

"Seeking Jesus"
Lord God Our Father, we would like to see Jesus. We would like to find Him in our hearts and in the hearts of others that we
meet in our every day life. We would also like to have Jesus in our own hearts, so that when people look at us, they too can see Jesus. We know he sacrificed His life for us so that we can see Jesus in each other. Help me to see Jesus in other people. Help them to see Jesus in me. We pray that we can be true representatives of your Son, Our Lord on this earth. Give us the strength to persevere. Give us the strength to seek you in our every day lives. We love you and we wish to glorify your name in ourselves. Thank you, Jesus, for allowing us to see you.
Amen.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND