Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/5/2003 12:10:45 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Toubled
Subject: why put down your sword?

Shoshana,
Maybe Jesus told Peter to put down his sword because Jesus’ death was in the plan. It was God’s will that Jesus carry out the plan even though in the Garden, he himself asked God to ... let this cup pass... Truth is we don’t know for sure what God’s plan is in this case of the war with Iraq. I am not sure that standing by and pleading for passivity is the way tue and lasting peace will be won for the Iraqi’s. God works through people to better the lives of others. I pray that FIGHTING for peace is the way peace is going to be the reality for Iraq and the Arab world long-term. It won’t be easy... may take decades. Pray for the world leaders to support health,dignity and fairness for all (however they choose to run their own countries). But we should all pray that each of us be listening when God whispers to us. Maybe Iraq’s prayers or those in our own midst will become reality by the power of God, however he may use us.
I pray for more understanding about this war and to understand and DO God’s will. I want to know His definition of how to obtain TRUE and REAL peace.
Troubled

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND