Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/3/2003 1:33:54 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Joe
Subject: research

Gary-
I agree with "It is 100 percent moral for the USA to defend itself." Iraq however is not, has not, and probably never be will attacking the US.

Your second statement is not true. "There is plenty of proof that Sadaam has connections to the attackers of 9 11." There is no proof. Ever since 9/11 intelligence agencies have been trying to establish a link between Sadaam and Al Quada. Such information would legitimize this war much more. The small links that have been drawn have all been debunked.

Next you say "A REAL Catholic will support the US defending itself and support our troops in defeating the evil Sadaam and his ilk. I totally support our president and what he is doing to defend us." I believe a REAL Catholic would follow Jesus Christ. I think Sadaam is a terrible man. I think what we’re doing to his people is terrible too.

"I am a life-long Catholic who believes we must always defend our freedoms. Those who do not support our right to defend ourselves are anti-American and anti-freedom." I too am a life-long Catholic, our freedoms are not being defended. If anything, we’ve lost more of our freedom because anyone who thinks for themselves and does not believe in this war is automatically brandd as unAmerican. Support our troops, bring them home NOW!

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND