Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/3/2003 9:04:30 AM
Name or Pseudonym: prayer warrior
Subject: Re: RE: Jesus

Chris,
Your comments are impressive!! I sincerely concur...

The arguments for and against this war are now moot...we are in the war...we must support and believe that others (government officials) besides ourselves pray for guidance and receive it! they can not collectively be misguided...your biblical references support efforts to being to all people certain freedoms, respectful treatment, etc....additionally, we should not judge nor hate, not even our president, just because we disagree...better to spend our time in prayer...it has been my experience that God makes good out of even the worse decisions if allowed to do so...
I too am concerned about the efforts of our judicial system to remove certain words, refrences, from our schools, libraries, homes which invoke God...better to expend our energies on prayer than to fight the shadows of opinions...
you are a breath of freshair in this smoke filled debate...thanks...you are in my prayers...

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND