Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/3/2003 8:30:38 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Shoshana
Subject: DA

And DA,

Did the US discern God’s will in stamping out evil? Is yours a God-given mission to stamp out evil? And which country will be your next one? There is much evil in the world (and again within our own countries, first of all) so why pick on Iraq? Maybe because of 9-11? There is no clear evidence that Saddam was involved. Osama was supposed to be the one...what happened? DA, this is a power trip and that is all...forget the oil and everything else. The US’ motives for sending OTHER people’s fathers, sons, uncles, brothers, is despicable. Why don’t you send His Holiness Bush? He is the Commander-in-Chief...right? Why not send him and his puppets (in front line) to disarm Suddam? It’s his great idea...isn’t this a great man with a great idea! You go ahead and believe all that he has to say...as for me, I will follow my conscience.

No, you are right the Pope does not share equality with God. But Bush doesn’t either, by far! Bush is also capable of misjudging, after all, right? There is no one on this boars who consider the Pope or Bush gods. Please do not put words into peoples’ mouths. But there are many who would choose the Pope over Bush, because in the end, we will have to answer to God. But there are many who consider (with great puffiness) that the US is the BEST country to live in. It is God’s given gift. Although my view is different because I believe there is so much violence in the US...it is outstanding for a country based on’Christian’ values. We have to make sure we own that gun and bring it with us just to kiiep us safe! I understand also that this does not exist in all of the US. But it exists in too many high numbers, nonetheless. I think it is Britian that the police do not even own guns, correct me if I am wrong.

If you want to know what the definition of evil read the book ’The People of the Lie’ written by Dr. Scott Peck, MD. It has also to do with lying...big time.

Blessings,
Shoshana

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND