Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/3/2003 3:13:09 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Pat
Subject: Dear Chris

Thank you. I am absolutely sure you are right about the majority of the anti-war crowd. This is merely a golden opportunity for them to spout their favourite slogans. It is certainly most uncomfortable for me to find myself in their company. (I have a dreadful feeling that Jane Fonda will be of their number. I will never forget her behaviour during the Vietnam war, and it is painful to be associated in any way with her position.)

However, we should each be honest with ourselves, and with each other. I have never found honesty a stumbling block when dealing with honest people - no matter how we disagree.

I am glad you know I am not anti-American. I love your country, and its people. I speak what I believe to be the truth, because I can’t bear to see you misled. I know you disagree about this, but that is my true motivation.

God bless you too.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND