Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/2/2003 10:19:39 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Bruce
Subject: 11-Sep-2001

Yes. And these were most likely the same Palestinians dancing in the streets of Palestine on 11-Sep-2001. Yes, they celebrated the terrorist attacks on the United States. I will not forget that day. I was horrified when I saw crowds of Palestinians celebrating this atrocity. I am not the least bit surprised by all of this. Yes, there will continue to be evil in this world and it will not stop.

With all of the atrocities, all of the unusual illnesses spreading throughout the world and with the immorality in our world today, I can’t help but wonder if we are living the Will of God at this time. At this point in time, we should probably worry about all of our souls and be prepared for we do not know the day or the hour.

Yes, it’s a bit gloomy to think this way but we should be prepared at all times. Why not remind ourselves at this time? Whether we are right or wrong in our opinions on this war, our first concern should be that when Jesus looks into our souls, what will He see and what will He choose for us? Are we truly ready for His scrutiny?

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND