Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/2/2003 10:03:49 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Bruce
Subject: Pat, I have to agree...

I will never assume to attribute the United States as God’s chosen ones. Whatever God’s Will in all of this, let it be done as He Wills. It is arrogance and pride that would allow someone to claim such a thing.

However, although I support the war, I admit, I can be wrong and may God forgive me if I am. But, this war is different from the aspects of the Just War definitions. Something should be defined around this type of war but we don’t have it now. All we have is a comparison of the atrocities that Saddam’s regime has done and would have continued to do versus the suffering that the Coalition forces will inflict and, even then, we can only guess.

It is my hope that the Coalition forces are doing their best to limit the collateral damage that is occurring. It is also my hope that the Iraqi people will voice their FREE opinions once this is all over and let the world know how they truly feel about all of this once this is over.

I pray for our soldiers, for the innocents and that God’s Will be done in all of this.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND