Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/2/2003 8:27:32 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Shoshana
Subject: c.p., where is your faith, my friend?

1} You say prayer is not enough. Says who?? This is happening for exactly the opposite reason...there is not enough prayer, penance, reparation, etc. Our Lady of Fatima warned that if the world would not change its ways, a worse war (WW2) would come forth due exactly for lack of prayer and what goes with it. This was prophesied to the three little children in Fatima. I would advise you read a good book of Fatima, preferably by Tan publications.

2} I do not understand your connection of martyrdom and dying of cancer. Martyrdom for the sake of the faith is holy...but self-martyrdom is evil. God is the only One that can give life or take it away. He is the Author of all life. I do not believe that God the Father calls any Muslim to take his life away for Him, but then, of course is Allah God the Father?

3} Cancer does not originate with God...again it is the opposite. All sickness or disease is due to Original Sin. God only desires life for us..and life in the fullest. I am very sorry to hear that your daughter is dying of cancer. I am also pleased to read that you do praise God for we are to praise God in all things. Even Job recognized that. But it requires a maturity of faith. Yes, God always brings good out of bad (OK you guys that does NOT include the war). There are just some things we have no control over and it is best to trust the Lord in all things. I honestly believe that for I almost lost my own son to disease and I, too, almost died last December, and remained in Intensive Care for 5 days. I trusted in the One who has all of our interests within His own Sacred Heart.

4} Your question is a good question...are we follwong Him when we use violence and in the process killing many. I will leave that to others who believe it is the right thing to do.

Blessings to you and your daughter,
Shoshana

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND