Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 4/2/2003 7:07:52 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Military Mom
Subject: Brave Examples?

Wait just a minute. You’re comparing our government with Stalin and Mao behavior?! Excuse me, but are you not aware of what Saddam Hussein is doing/has done to his own people? As far as I know our government is not authorized to cut out the tongues of dissenters (as is done in Iraq under Saddam Hussein) nor does it gouge out the eyes of children, or drills holes in people’s hands and pours acid into the holes, not to mention the rapes and undeniably the worst torture: feeding people kicking and screaming into human shredding machines! Oh, yes and of course, the gassing of his own people. Can’t say that I recall any of this going on in our country, can you?

Your statement referring to the misinformed and misguided "Brave people living their faith . . . examples for all of us" is incredible. From what you say I can only draw the conclusion that you are behaving like so many of the "peaceful protesters," i.e., useful idiots.

Remember, ejn, if it weren’t for the truly brave (our soldiers and marines who pay for YOUR freedom with their blood) you wouldn’t be living in the land of the free! Have you thought about moving to Iraq???

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND