Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/31/2003 3:24:49 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Christina T
Subject: Ejn

Humanity is not a word in Saddam’s vocabulary. No amount of negotiations can work with him. Warfare is the only language he understands. Weren’t there about 3,000 lives lost on 9/11 and many fatal incidents before that dreadful event? How about the Bali terrorism? without this war?
The threat or potential danger must be nipped in the bud.

Mr. Bush is doing what he believes in his heart is right, that terror must be dealt with. You are putting words in my mouth. I did not say the Pope is not speaking the truth. He has a right to his opinion and so have all of us who believe that this war is just. The Pope’s ’advice’ or opinion is not binding on us. The Just War Theory is certainly not a dogma.

Anyway, between Mr. Bush and Saddam, I’d rather believe the former.

I support the allied troops in my prayers and, of course, the innocent Iraqis, who, I pray, will one day come under a just rule of a just Iraqi government.

By the way, American lives are precious and so are the lives of the innocent people around the world. I am not American but Asian. My life is precious and so is yours.

God bless you Ejn.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND