Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/30/2003 9:08:22 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Ron
Subject: God gives us the right!

God gives us the right to judge each others actions and to punish.

He does not give us the right to judge who shall go to heaven or hell.

Sadaam Hussein has broken or caused to be broken every law designed to protect citizens of all the world. He will be taken, judged for his crimes and punished accordingly. Whether he goes to heaven or hell is up to the One God. Our job is to remove him from power before he harms one more innocent person.

To say that our soldiers are harming innocent civilians is an evasion of the truth. Our soldiers do not intend to harm the innocent. Their motives are pure and just. They fight to remove injustice, criminality and the sorrow of the Iraqi people. Those innocents that are killed accidentally, shall suffer no more and be with our Lord in his glory.

Sadaam Hussein has no pure motives. He fights not to protect the Iraqi people but only to only preserve his stranglehold on the Iraqi people.

We do not fight to conquer land and oppress a people. We fight to free a land and end the oppression, rape and torture of a people.

To say that we fight for oil is another evasion of the truth. I’ve worked directly in the Oil and Gas industry for the past 15 years. The truth is that the U.S. purchases all its foreign oil at fair market value. That price is basically set by OPEC. It sets limits on production, we pay accordingly. OPEC basically is the Arab world. We do not steal the oil and never have. We pay fair market value. When this is over we will buy Iraqi oil at fair market value and the Iraqi people will be benefactors as are the Saudis, Kuwaitis, Bahrainians etc...,

If you are for peace pray for it. If you are for freedom, fight for it. If you are for war, may God have mercy on your soul.

To be for freedom is not to be for war. To be for war is not to be for freedom.

We fight for freedom for those who cannot. Sadaam Hussein fights freedom for those who aren’t.

Remember, God himself once fought a war. With the help of Saint Michael the Archangel he banished Lucifer from Heaven.

I pray to Our Lord that with his help and that of St. Michael, we too shall be victorious and vanquish the evil that has befallen his Iraqi children. I pray He will keep the innocent safe in his tender mercies. I pray He will steel our soldiers that fight in the name of justice that they may advance from victory to victory over the oppressors of his Iraqi children. I pray all the world will one day live in the freedom and liberty he has granted us. I pray for that day and, if neccessary, I will fight for that day. In Jesus name.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND