Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/28/2003 1:36:59 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Gabriella
Subject: War in Iraq

I understand what Matthew is saying but, as a Catholic who has for years lived amidst Muslims, I have my doubts. When you get to know Muslims well you realize that for them all Westeners and Christians are to be hated and this hate is imprinted since childhood. Maybe Bush is right, maybe this is the only way to stop all this hatred, all this terrorism, all this anger against the West. That is why it is meaningless at best and dishonest at worst to deny the threat to civilization coming from various Muslim countries by noting that most Muslims are not violent. Only a handful of Saudis terrorized America on 9-11-01, but a large majority of Saudis support Osama bin Laden. Few Palestinians strap bombs onto their children’s bodies, but the majority of them support such evil and none others publicly morally condemn it. That’s it: Publicly morally condemn evil ... did I miss the Vatican’s condemnation of Saddam?

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND