Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/28/2003 9:10:06 AM
Name or Pseudonym: Shoshana
Subject: CT

1. According to Our Lady of Fatima’s words in 1917, war is ALWAYS a divine retribution for our sins. It is never to be found in God’s plan of things...in the OT, yes, (but even there it was an act of God’s wrath against the israelites for their sins) and the only other example is Joan of Arc. But since Our Lady of Fatima, we could avert any war with stopping to sin and offending Our Lady and Our Lady, with prayer and penance, and especially the Rosary. Again and again this has been a tool for peace around the world. Did you know my friend, that the 9-11 massacre was, by some fundamental Christians (and Catholic also) happened because of the many sins of the US that have reached the heavens and brings with it a stench unacceptabe to God? Is this what fundamentalism can do? Can this be true? At the time, I refused to accept such statement brought forth by zealous souls. I still say let God decide that one. I know I will get a lot of flack for this, but please read my post carefully. It is not palatable to me. As for he victims of 9-11 were they prepared to meet their maker? It is the same question I ask about this war (which could be averted by keeping military pressure on Iraq and would cost so much less!)

2.- We should pray for no war and pray for peace because Our Lady told us too. Read up on Fatima especially the book: Fatima in Lucia’s own words...her words have not been manipulated here.

3.-There is no denying He knows better, my friend. Who can argue that? Yes, He does see things in its entirety and not us. He sees things in the spiritual world. This is the ONLY reality also. This physical world is only transient and unreal. Things do not seem as they are...and that includes Bush.

4.-I will not leave this to Divine Providence as it wasn’t He who began this war. Yes, I will, and do pray for the many souls who will be going to hell (according to our Chrch’s dogma). I pray that the souls, especially the Iraquis may see Christ and be baptized even. If this war gives a very bad image on Christianity and on Christ Himself how else would a Muslim see this? If Christians go to war they must have Christ as a Chief-in-Command, right? Just like Mohammed called the Moslems to kill the infidels in the Quram. Great reasoning...

5. Let us pray for all the rest in our liturgy of the Hours....God bless us all!

Blessings,
Shoshana

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND