Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/27/2003 10:53:35 PM
Name or Pseudonym: JH
Subject: military mom

Even though I am very much against this war, I just wanted to tell you that here in our church we pray every day and at every meeting we have ie: Bible Study, RCIA. Parish councel. altar society, Catholic Daughters, all of our church organizations for the safety of all our military people in Iraq, the POWs, MIAs. Our pastor is a military chaplain in the reserves and may be called up at any time. Last week he gave us this pray to St. Martin de Tours---

Dear well -loved Saint, you were first a soldier like you father.
Converted to the Church, you became a soldier of Christ. a priest and then Bishop of Tours.
Lover of the poor, and model for pagans and Christians alike,
Protect our soldiers, sailors, and marines at all times.
Make them strong, just, and charitable,
always aiming at establishing peace on earth.
-----------------------------------------
May the Blessed Trinity and Mary, mother of God keep your son safe and may there be a swift end to this conflict.
I was a militry wife for 20 yrs. My husband was in Vietnam and before that he was a B-52 pilot in the Cold War. I know the fear and pain you must be suffering. My heart goes out to you.

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND