Conversation Corner
St. Francis of Assisi, Patron of Peace

Does the military action the U.S. is contemplating against Iraq meet the standards of a just war?

Date: 3/16/2003 2:06:44 PM
Name or Pseudonym: Shoshana
Subject: Bush vs John Paul II

Bush has not had to go through two world wars and live under communism....the pope has. I, for one will agree with the pope. Again, I would rather be sincerely wrong than pontificate about doing the right thing (???) and under what motivation?....There is a lot of pontification with facts on this forum...John and Chris....it does not impress me. War is the easy out...in other words, since 3,000 people died on 9-11, we must go and kill 3,000 afghans, iraqui, whatever fits your fancy. As Osama may still be living, what makes you think Saddam will not survive? Yes, I am angry. You brag about the Taliban being destroyed, and you know what, I smile! Evil is not so easliy destroyed. Try fasting and praying to get rid of this kind of evil!

And in the meantime, I would rather die than see more of these children suffering. Promise me no casualties when you hit on Saddam and his troups, and maybe, the world would agree. But of course, that is not going to happen.

I don’t care if Bush is your President...I couldn’t care less if he was your god. Ny goodness, I have to contend with Jean Chretien as my prime minister.

And maybe the army hasn’t thought that going to war will not bring them to heaven (and everyone else that gets killed). The three little children of Fatima saw many souls going to hell in the last war....do we want to be responsible for that? And did we not suffer the last war due to our sinfulness? Well hello.....it’s happening again.....may the Lord bless all and let us pray for EVERYONE and make penance for those who believe and those who do not. Bishop Sheen showed us the way to this problem...I do not see it implemented....

Blessings,
Shoshana

Terms of use

Paid Advertisement
Ads contrary to Catholic teachings should be reported to our webmaster. Include ad link.

An AmericanCatholic.org Web Site from the Franciscans and
Franciscan Media     ©1996-2014 Copyright

Find 
 FIND