1. No Warranties. Franciscan Media, owner and operator of American Catholic Blog disclaims any warranties, express or implied, in relation to this website. Franciscan Media does not represent or warrant that the site is or error-free. You also should be aware that, while Franciscan Media will use reasonable efforts to ensure confidentiality, it may be possible for third parties to acquire or discern information about you through computer hacking or otherwise.
4. Linked Sites. Franciscan Media disclaims liability for any sites to which it provides links on the website and is not responsible for the content of such sites.
6. Limitation of Liability. Franciscan Media shall have no liability for any loss, cost or damage of any sort, including without limitation consequential damages, even if notified by you of the possibility of such damages, arising out of your use of this site or the transmission of any messages to or from the site. Franciscan Media reserves the right to cease operation of this site without notice and for any reason, and is not responsible for any damages arising therefrom or from any technical failure, non-transmission of messages or inability to access this site.
7. Forbidden Transmissions. You agree not to transmit through e-mail or otherwise any viruses or computer code, files, or programs that would harm the computer software, computer hardware, or telecommunications equipment of Franciscan Media or that of other visitors to the site.
8. Confidentiality. This site involves discussions on highly personal topics. Although Franciscan Media seeks only e-mail addresses, the site may be the recipient of additional personal information, either volunteered by you, or discernable through other information revealed by you. You represent that you have read and reviewed Section 1 above. You are responsible for limiting your disclosure of personally identifiable information. Franciscan Media cannot be responsible for any breaches of confidentiality or privacy that may occur if you share your computer, email address or password with any third parties.
Franciscan Media will use reasonable efforts to exclude personally identifiable information it receives through e-mails from discussions it posts on the site; however, users are advised to avoid inclusion of any such information in messages which they submit for posting. If information is to be posted on the site, it should be considered publicly accessible.
Franciscan Media will not disclose to third parties information it receives that is not posted on the site unless:
1) required by law,
2) the user consents (although the user's consent does not require Franciscan Media to reveal the information),
3) the disclosure is necessary in Franciscan Media' sole discretion to protect the health or safety of the user or other persons, or
4) Franciscan Media reasonably suspects illegal activity.
PLEASE NOTE that under Ohio law, Franciscan Media is required to report to applicable county authorities any suspected abuse of children, and of elderly, disabled or dependent persons.