Getting over what has happened to you is important. This is called "closure."
You need to close this chapter in your life before you can move on. Here are
some simple things you can do to help put the past to rest.
1. Make a book of memories about your experience, exploring the things you
learned. You can learn from everything, pleasant or painful.
2. If you're unable to say what you'd like to, face-to-face with someone, write
the person a letter (you don't have to actually send it).
3. Write down what you're angry about, and then tear the paper to shreds, focusing
all your stress, anger and frustration on that paper.
4. Dedicate an entire evening to thinking through every aspect of what's bothering
you. Allow yourself to scream, cry, pray--just get it all out. Humor yourself!
5. If your family, youth group or class experiences the loss of a loved one,
make a memorial collage of what that person liked and what you liked about him
or her. You could also plant a tree or make a donation to charity in that person's