an imprint of Franciscan Media
Should Servant Books Publish Your Book?
Servant is dedicated to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, helping Catholics live in accordance with that Gospel, and celebrating the Catholic faith.
We publish books on Christian living, the sacraments, Scripture, prayer, spirituality, popular apologetics, Church teaching, Mary, the saints, charismatic renewal, marriage and family life, and popular psychology. Our goal is to serve as “Your Trusted Catholic Voice” by offering content that is personally relevant and inspirational.
We do not accept proposals for works of fiction, previously self-published non-fiction, poetry, collections of homilies, essays, or columns, academic studies, art books, or encyclopedias.
We encourage our authors to write in a current, conversational style, using anecdotes and examples that offer practical advice and wisdom for today's Catholic. Our readers are interested in deepening their spiritual lives, growing in their knowledge of the faith, sharing that faith with others, and serving the mission of the Church.
Our Market: Who Buys Our Books
The people who buy our books are Catholics—laypeople, priests, and members of religious orders—who value the breadth and intellectually stimulating message rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Church's teachings.
The Servant imprint publishes a total of 12 non-fiction trade book titles per year. Our other imprint, Franciscan Media, publishes an additional 12 fiction and non-fiction trade book titles per year.
How to Submit Your Book Proposal
When you are ready to submit a book proposal, you can submit it in one of three formats:
►E-mail to ServantEditor@FranciscanMedia.org
►Postal delivery to:
10350 Royal Oak Ct.
Osceola, IN 46561
Your book proposal should include:
- A cover letter that tells us what you are proposing—the subject of the book, its approximate word count, the intended audience, what makes your idea distinct from similar books on the market, a summary of competitive books.
- A table of contents.
- A detailed outline or synopsis of the book, chapter by chapter.
- A sample chapter and the introduction.
- A résumé, curriculum vitae or brief biographical information pertinent to your writing, publishing, or speaking endeavors.
- A description of your platform (other books published and information about their sales, speaking engagements, social media presence, blog, and other writing outlets).
- Any endorsements for your book or proposal you have secured or expect to be able to secure.
- Your ideas for promotion and marketing of the book and how you will be an active publishing partner in marketing your book.
- Your address, e-mail, and telephone number.
Upon receipt of your proposal, we will send you a response within 60 days for proposals sent by e-mail, 90 days for those sent by postal delivery.
We do not accept proposals submitted to another publisher at the same time.
We do not accept responsibility for lost manuscripts or unsolicited material, and do not return unsolicited manuscripts or books.
Thank you for your interest in Servant
and Franciscan Media.