Franciscan Media Books
an imprint of Franciscan Media
Should Franciscan Media Publish Your Book?
Franciscan Media seeks to spread the Word that is Jesus Christ in the style of Sts. Francis, Clare, and Anthony. Through print and electronic media marketed in North America and worldwide, we endeavor to evangelize, inspire, and inform those who search for God and seek a richer Catholic, Christian, human life. Our efforts help support the life, ministry, and charities of the Franciscan Friars of St. John the Baptist Province, who sponsor our work.
What We Seek to Publish
Franciscan Media Books seeks manuscripts that inform and inspire adult Catholics, other Christians and all who are seeking to better understand and live their faith . We publish for those who want to connect to the world around them in the context of their faith and their spiritual journey. Our goal is to help people "Live in love. Grow in faith."
We look for writing that speaks to a popular audience and is not academic or scholarly in tone. Writing should be easy to read, practical, concrete, and may include relatable examples and stories. Our books strive to support the spread of the Gospel in the spirit of St. Francis, without being moralistic or overly reliant on jargon, but by reaching out and touching the heart.
We publish a total of 20 to 30 trade non-fiction and fiction books per year.
What We Do Not Publish
We do not publish poetry; collections of homilies or essays or columns; academic studies; art books; or encyclopedias.
Our Market: Who Buys Our Books
The people who buy our trade books are Catholics, other Christians and seekers/searchers who value the breadth and intellectually stimulating message rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and, in a general sense, reflect the spirit of St. Francis, a spirit of inclusion, of respect for all faiths and traditions, of respect for the created order.
How to Submit Your Book Proposal
When you are ready to submit a complete book proposal, you can submit it by e-mail (preferred) or by postal delivery:
►E-mail to MLombard@FranciscanMedia.org
►Postal delivery to:
Director, Book Publishing Division and Foreign Rights
28 W. Liberty St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Your book proposal should include:
- A cover letter that tells us what you are proposing—the subject of the book, its approximate word count, the intended audience, what makes your idea distinct from similar books on the market, a summary of competitive books.
- A table of contents.
- A detailed outline or synopsis of the book, chapter by chapter.
- A sample chapter and the introduction.
- A résumé, curriculum vitae, or brief biographical information pertinent to your writing, publishing, or speaking endeavors.
- A description of your platform (other books published and information about their sales, speaking engagements, social media presene, blog, and other writing outlets).
- Any endorsements for your book or proposal you have secured or expect to be able to secure.
- Your ideas for promotion and marketing of the book and how you will be an active publishing partner in marketing your book.
- Your Address, e-mail, and telephone number.
Upon receipt of your proposal, we will send you a response within 60 days for proposals sent by e-mail, 90 days for those sent by postal delivery.
We do not accept proposals submitted to another publisher at the same time.
We prefer proposals that have not been submitted to another publisher at the same time.
We do not accept responsibility for lost manuscripts or unsolicited material, and do not return unsolicited manuscripts or books.
Thank you for your interest in Franciscan Media Books and Franciscan Media